Selecting the best wardrobe design for your needs
With the number of options available in today’s market, it is hardly surprising that selecting the right wardrobe requires a lot more expertise than it used to. A wardrobe is one of the most essential pieces of furniture in a home. It is an important investment that must be made with great care. Because when you are able to select the right wardrobe according to your specific needs, you are making a wise investment that will hold its value for years to come.
- Know your options: The single most important thing you can do towards making a wise wardrobe decision is to take the time to understand the various options available to you. Where once, almirahs and built in cupboards were the norm, the Indian market now features walk-in closets, full panel closets, L-shaped wardrobes that fit into a snug corner, and modular wardrobes that combine glamour and functionality. Thorough research is a good way to ensure a smart choice.
- Doors: The type of door you select for your wardrobe can make an impact on the décor of the entire room. Wardrobe doors that slide open help save space in a small room. Similarly your decision to select a mirror-finish or frosted glass finish helps create an ambience of either plush elegance or classy minimalism.
- Space: While the exterior of a wardrobe is extremely necessary to take into account before making a decision, the interior of a wardrobe is far more important. After all, a wardrobe is a functional piece of furniture. It just happens to double up as a decorative feature in a room. Before selecting a wardrobe design, focus on your needs. Do you need more space to hang clothes? Do you need drawers to organize folded linen? Or perhaps you need additional space for accessories and jewellery? Being able to pinpoint what your requirements is extremely useful in the long run. In the same way, taking into account future needs is also beneficial. This could include anything from a new baby to an elderly relative moving in to seasonal storage space.
- Material: Wood is, perhaps, the most popular choice for a wardrobe. However, with the market expanding the way it is, there is a large variety of other sturdy wardrobe materials as well. Get to know all your options before you make your final decision. Just be sure to only settle for good quality. Wardrobes constructed with inexpensive materials are usually flimsy and don’t prove to be a lasting investment.
- Measurement: The ideal wardrobe is large enough to cater to all your storage needs without overpowering the other furniture in a room. In fact, the best wardrobes are those that manage to remain obscure without detracting from functionality. For this, it is highly essential that all measurements are made with precision.
- Budget: The price of a wardrobe will vary according to the materials used to build it, the brand, and the specific design. It is possible to find a wardrobe suited to nearly every requirement. Just make sure not to compromise on quality. This is, by far, the most important factor.
The easiest way to ensure that your choice of wardrobe is a wise one is by consulting with a professional. A wardrobe consultation can help you gain an understanding of the options available, along with the provisions to personalise. The assistance provided during the installation process is especially helpful, as is the taking of accurate measurements.